Tips when shopping for individual insurance:
- Shop carefully. Policies differ widely in coverage and cost.
- Make sure the policy protects you from large medical costs.
- Read and understand the policy.
- Make sure it provides the kind of coverage that's right for you.
- Make sure if you have a family, that your family members are covered as well.
- Make sure there is a "free look" clause.
- Beware of single disease insurance policies.
- Your children may be eligible for free or low-cost health insurance! Check with your state government for more details.
Examples of Health Care Provider Fraud:
- Billing for services not actually performed.
- Falsifying a patient's diagnosis to justify tests, surgeries or other procedures that aren't necessary.
- Billing for a more costly service than the one actually performed.
- Billing each stage of a procedure as if it were a separate procedure.
- Accepting kickbacks for patient referrals.
- Waiving patient co-pays or deductibles and over-billing the insurance carrier or benefit plan.
- Misrepresenting procedures performed to obtain payment for non-covered services.
- Billing a patient more than the co-pay amount for services that were paid by the insurance company.
Get your quote TODAY; fill out the "quote"
form and receive answers to your questions and a free health insurance